AFCAT Application Form 2022 – Indian Air Force has released notification for AFCAT 2022, Check educational qualification, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus and last date to apply for IAF AFCAT 2022 @ afcat.cdac.in
AFCAT 01/2022 Notification, Indian Air Force has released the notification for the Air Force Common Admission Test for recruitment of Commissioned Officers Posts in Flying and Ground Duty Branches (Technical & Non-Technical). Check educational qualification, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus here
The Indian Air Force (IAF) has released a recruiting notice for the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) for Commissioned Officers. For courses beginning in July 2022, online applications will be accepted for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches, as well as a grant of PC/ SSC for NCC Special Entry Scheme (For flying branch) and Meteorology Entry on official NCC websites.
AFCAT Important Dates :
Here are all the important dates on AFCAT given below.
|Name of Exam||Air Force Common Admission Test|
|Conducted by||Indian Air Force|
|Application start date||1st December 2021|
|Application last date||31st December 2021|
|AFCAT Exam Date||Release soon|
|AFCAT Admit Card||10 days before the exam|
|Selection Procedure||Written Exam and Interview|
|Age limit||20 years|
|Application Fee||Rs. /-|
Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches are available for grant starting in July 2022. PC/ SSC applications for the NCC Special Entry Scheme are also being accepted online (For flying branch).
Air Force Common Admission Test Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria are different for every exam. Check the given information for more detail of eligibility criteria.
- Flying Branch:
20 to 24 years. Candidates with a valid and current Commercial Pilot License granted by the DGCA (India) have an upper age restriction of 26 years
- Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical) Branches:
20 to 26 years
Educational Qualification :
- Flying Branch-
- Candidates must have completed a minimum three-year degree program in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60 percent marks or equivalent and must have passed with a minimum of 50 percent marks in each subject at the 10+2 level.
- A minimum of 60% or equivalent in a BE/B Tech degree (four-year program) from a recognized university.
- Candidates who have passed Section A and B of the Associate Membership of the Institution of Engineers (India) or the Aeronautical Society of India examinations with a minimum of 60% or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Ground Duty Branch (Technical)-
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50 percent marks in Physics and Mathematics at the 10+2 level and a minimum of four years of engineering/technology degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification from a recognized university.
- By real studies, completed Sections A and B of Associate Membership of the Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India, or Graduate Membership of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Or an equivalent qualification in the following fields:- Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering/Technology, Computer Engineering & Application, Computer Science and Engineering/Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering/ Technology, Electronics Science and Engineering, Electronics, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Computer Science, Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Ground Duty Branch (Non-Technical)-
- Administration- Passed 10+2 and a Graduate Degree (minimum three-year degree course) in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% or equivalent, or cleared section A and B of Associate Membership of the Institution of Engineers (India) or the Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% or equivalent.
- Education – Passed 10+2 and Post-Graduation with a minimum of 50% in any field, including integrated programs that give a PG (single degree with no exit or lateral entrance) and a minimum of 60% in graduation in any subject.
- Meteorology – Postgraduate degree in any science stream/mathematics/statistics/geography/computerapplications/environmental science/applied physics/oceanography/meteorology/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology & Environment/ Geophysics/ Environmental Biology with a minimum of 50% on all papers combined.
Marital Status :
Candidates under the age of 25 must be single at the time of the course’s start. Widows/widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) under the age of 25 are ineligible.
Selection Procedure for Air Force Common Admission Test
The following criteria will be used to make the decision:
- AFCAT written examination
- Officers Intelligence Rating Test & Picture Perception and Discussion test, Psychological test
- Group tests / Interviews.
AFCAT Air Force Selection Board 2022
Candidates who pass the Online AFCAT will be invited to one of the Air Force Selection Boards for an interview (AFSB ). Under the AFSB, there will be three stages.
Stage I- On the first day, an officer intelligence rating examination, as well as a picture perception and debate test, will be administered. The Stage-I test is a screening exam, and only those who pass will be subjected to further examination. All Stage-I qualifying applicants will be subjected to a document check to ensure that they are eligible for the branches for which they have applied. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I or who do not fulfill the required qualifying criteria will be sent home on the first day.
Stage II – On Day 1 (afternoon), a psychological exam will be administered, followed by group tests and interviews over the next five days.
For Flying Branch- Only suggested applicants would be tested using the Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Candidates who have previously failed the CPSS/PABT or who have been suspended from flying instruction at the Air Force Academy will not be considered.
Exam pattern for Air Force Common Admission Test
Exam pattern is given for every exam separately. For each accurate response, three points will be rewarded. For each wrong response, one mark will be deducted. Unanswered questions receive zero points.
- AFCAT Exam – General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning, and Military Aptitude Test each include 100 questions. The exam had a total score of 300 points. The exam will take 2 hours to complete.
- EKT- There will be 50 questions for 150 points on Mechanical, Computer Science, and Electrical and Electronics, and the examination will take 45 minutes to complete.
Air Force Common Admission Test Syllabus
Here is the subject-wise detail given in the syllabus. For more information on the syllabus, candidates can visit the official website.
- English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion/ Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms, and Phrases.
- General Awareness – History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams).
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment for Air Force Common Admission Test
At several locations, online testing for the AFCAT will be administered. Candidates who register for AFCAT will be required to pay a non-refundable examination fee of Rs. 250.
Candidates for NCC Special entrance and Meteorology Entry, on the other hand, are not needed to pay. The announcement contains information about how the exam will be conducted, where it will be held, and how it will be paid.
Through the ‘Make Payment’ step on the main menu of the online application, you can pay your application fee online or by challan. The examination fee can also be paid at any HDFC or Axis Bank branch by challan payment.
How to fill the Application form for the Air Force Common Admission Test?
If you fulfill the requirements, go to the IAF’s career website i.e. www.careerairforce.nic.in/, and click on “CANDIDATE LOGIN” and follow the steps.
- On the Home page, click “CANDIDATE LOGIN” to get to AFCAT. Login to your account
- Applicants should click “NOT YET REGISTERED?” on the following page. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.”
- Become a member: A login ID will be created, and the applicant will get a password to his or her registered email address.
- Sign in with your registered email address and a password provided by the system when you’ve completed the registration process.
- Log-Out – Reset Password (candidates must remember their login ID and password for future use during the examination process).
- Login for the first time.
- “AFCAT” and “NCC SPECIAL ENTRY FOR FLYING BRANCH” was chosen as the entries.
- Select “INSTRUCTIONS” from the drop-down menu. Pay close attention to the instructions.
- Check the box to advance to the next level after acknowledging that you have read and understood the instructions.
- SELECT “APPLICATION FORM FILLING” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “PAYMENT ONLINE” from the drop-down menu (applicable only for AFCAT)
- Click “PAYMENT STATUS” to see if the payment went through. The presence of a Registration Number indicates that the payment was successful.
Frequently Asked Question for Air Force Common Admission Test
Is there any Age Relaxation for Indian Air Force AFCAT 01/2022 Vacancy?
Yes, There will be a Age Relaxation of Reserved Category as per Government Rules.
What is the last date for submitting AFCAT 2 Application Form?
The last date for submitting AFCAT 2 Application Form is 31st December 2021
What is the Age Limit of Indian Air Force AFCAT 01/2021 Recruitment?
The age limit for Flying Branch -20 to 24 years as of 01 January 2022.
Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical) Branches – 20 to 26 years as of 01 January 2022.
How can I make Fee Payment for Application fee?
Candidates can pay the Application Fee online or by challan through the ‘Make Payment’ step on the main menu of the online application. The examination fee can also be remitted through challan payment at any HDFC or Axis Bank branch.